donnandjodyinTN

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Update, May 08




It seems like it has been a rather long time since I made any notes on this blog!! We did have a good trip to MN last Oct. and plan to go again this Oct. The days seem busy enough with the necessary routines of daily living. I try out new recipes from time to time and seek to get to the fitness center 2-3 times a week. I have found a good one much closer which saves on gas.






The jail ministry on Monday nights is a blessing and challenge. We try to find ways to be involved with the women who leave the jail. Several of them are doing very well. Pray for Sallie in Florida with her dad; she is working in his shop and wants to stay close to the Lord. Pray she will find a good church there and further help. Vivian, an older lady is back in jail for the third time since I have been going; she wants to get into a Christian drug-treatment program. Closer to home I have a neighbor, Stephanie, who has been in jail a couple of times this year. She is a single mom with 5 children who does not yet really know the Lord. I have been helping her oldest, Zachary (9) with a phonics reading program via the internet. He is doing well with it but does not stop by consistently. See photo at top of Zachary reading.




On Fridays I am volunteering at our local Choices Resource Center (Crisis Pregnancy Help). This ministry is great challenge too. I also find time for some reading. Today, I started reading Andrew Murray's LIVING A PRAYERFUL LIFE. This is a very timely word as I feel very weak and lacking in my prayer life and I know truly fruitful ministry will not happen without being bathed in prayer.



This past week-end I went with my good neighbor, Jean Hamlett, to Greensborough, NC to her brother's 80th birthday celebration. We had good travelling and a very special time celebrating the birthday. Then this morning I took Jean to the airport for her journey to Sacramento, CA to visit her sister-in-law (who just lost her husband) for several weeks.




It has been a beautiful Spring and we have lots of flowers growing. I even planted a dwarf fruit cocktail tree (5 fruits on one tree) which is growing very well. It will probably take several years to grow fruit. I get lots of birds coming to my feeder on the deck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home