donnandjodyinTN

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Update 9/23/07

My last note was not really intended for this blog, but I am going to leave it there. It relates to the jail ministry I am involved with every Monday night from my church. There are usually 3 of us who share with the women and 2-3 men minster to the men. It is not an easy ministry but God is working. We value prayer for perseverance and wisdom in sharing God's Word and also seek to do some follow-up on those who leave the jail. So many fall right back into drugs, alcohol, etc. There is a group burdened and planning for a transition home to bring further help to new believers who really want to turn their lives around. We are trusting that it will not take years to get this going.

Tomorrow, Jody and I are leaving for a little vacation in MN and to visit family members. We will also attend the Desiring God Conference. We will be back in TN about Oct. 4 and will update again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home