donnandjodyinTN

Friday, January 19, 2007

New Year Greetings

It is a beautiful sunny day today as I write although we are having some cooler days. We have had some rainy ones and even a few snow flurries which all melted by noon. I so much appreciate the mild winters of this area!

Last week, my neighbor Jean had a mutual friend visiting from the Chicago area. She stayed here for a week and then we drove her to her next destination in Cherokee, AL. The Lord gave us a safe trip through a lot of rain. On the return trip we stopped to visit some other friends we had know in Minneapolis--John and Betty Bye in Murfreesboro, TN. It was about the half-way point in our trip home and it was great to relax over a delicious lunch.

What's next--not any more traveling for awhile. Next week we are planning to start a neighborhood Bible study using some of Anne Lotz' studies. I know we will be blessed and encouraged in this. Ginger will be joining, Jean, Jody and myself and we trust others will eventually come.

Our jail outreach continues on Monday nights and Jean and I are marking lessons for Crossroads Bible Institute students. It is so encouraging to see God's Word making a difference in lives. If anyone is needing a ministry outreach this is one which will greatly bless and challenge you; check out their web site: www.crossroadbibleinstitute.org

I am continuing to visit the fitness center two or three times a week, and it is helping. Jean goes with me regularly and Jody sometimes. And we have good fellowship and teaching from the Word from our church which is growing. The Lord willing, a new building will be constructed this year. We are really crowded in our present facilities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home