It was great to have a visit to the Smoky Mt. National Park. We didn't really do any hiking but I got prepared!! My new friend, Caroline, lives in this area and drove us all around taking us to Dollywood and entertaining us royally for several days. We had beautiful sunny days which was especially nice for my friend Jean who had come from North Dakota. On the last day of her visit we had lunch at my home in Clinton and then I took her to the airport in Knoxville.
Our first Christmas in TN. has been special. We decorated early and had one of our pastors and his wife over for a meal and had a delightful time of sharing.
My brother and his wife had stopped by in November and he has sent me pictures from their family Christmas gathering. And I have had good phone contact with other family members.
I missed our choir Christmas program in Oak Ridge but attended one in Pigeon Forge. Jean, our neighbor, shared Christmas dinner with us. Christmas Eve, we also got together for a meal and watche Scrooge. Jody and I had taken Christmas cards with a tract to all of our neighbors and were invited in several places. One visit seemed especially timely with Ginger who felt God had especially sent us. We spent quite awhile with her and prayed with her. She indicated she would be glad to join us for a neighborhood Bible study we plan to start early in the New Year. She did come and spend Christmas Eve with us as well.
1 Comments:
At 6:36 AM,
beth said…
Looks like you are really enjoying seeing the sights of your new home state! Praise God for the good contacts in your neighborhood this Christmas. Your faithfulness is such an encouragement, Donna. Lots of love,
Beth
Post a Comment
<< Home